Opened in 1925 as the Hillsboro Theater showing silent movies. During the 30’s it served as the home for both the Children’s Theatre and the Grand Ole Opry. After serving a variety of purposes, it returned in 1966 to its original use as a movie house and was renamed the Belcourt Cinema. In 1993, when the Belle Meade Theater closed, the Belcourt became Nashville’s sole remaining single screen cinema. Today, it is owned and operated as a non-profit, dedicated to its preservation and success in its historical roles as a home to film, theatre, and music.